Monday, June 6, 2016

Ten Days - Just Ten Days!

June 6: 10 Days ‘til We Hit the Road!


It’s been a busy few days since I last posted…It’s been a Hot few days too!
I guess that I’d better get used to the heat; it’s a wonder that someone like me who prefers to stay indoors on such hot days and even more so prefers to stay indoors even in the mild climate of Washington State is signing up to travel to some of the hottest regions that our country has!  But as my DH pointed out, “On a hot summer day, I can’t think of anything better to do than to be sitting in a car for eight hours with the AC on taking in new sights…if you’re going to be doing anything, that’s it!”  I must concur.  As the last few days have proven, our house gets exceptionally um, “warm” on sunny days so sitting at home for the bulk of the summer roasting and sweating this year is not my idea of delightful nor is it on my itinerary.  My idear of delightful is driving from scenic location to scenic location in a climate controlled air-conditioned car stopping to photograph such beautiful landmarks as this country is blessed with and I am blessed to be able to see, getting back into Air-Conditioned Car!, stopping for the night in a lush hotel with plump soft beds, fluffy pillows and a cool out-door swimming pool to slosh around in…THAT will be lovely.
In the meantime, I’m trying to not get too antsy – living one day at a time vs. being too excited for the vacay to get here ‘cuz once it does, well, that will fly by…and I’m a big believer in living one day at a time.  Making the most of each day (although truthfully, all I’ve done today is check my FB, check my email, check Craigslist, read photography articles, read political articles, repeat.  Oh!  And I took a nap!).
But what I mean is, feeling like “I can’t wait to get out of here!” takes away from the joy of just being here in the meantime, and by the Grace of God, I pray nothing and no one would ever steal my joy!
Blessings on ya’ today…have a good one! 

P.S.  And please remember today is D-Day… If you don’t know what that is – please take a second and look it up, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment